Sunday, October 2, 2011

Gene Simmons

Kiss front man Gene Simmons and his long-term girlfriend Shannon Tweed finally tied the knot tonight at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
There were cheers when the couple said ‘I do’ as their 400 guests struggled to contain their excitement at seeing them wed at last.

Despite having almost three decades under their sparkly belts, Simmons, 62 , refused to promise to be faithful to Tweed, 54 , in a preview clip for the upcoming season of their reality series, Gene Simmons Family Jewels.  The legendary rocker only said, ‘I will do my best.’


But Simmons set aside the childish rock ‘n’ roll mantle to reveal his true feelings to Entertainment Tonight recently.  ‘It is time for me to grow up,’ Simmons told them.

‘I’m 62. I’ve been doing a lot of wacky stuff for an awfully long time -- the band, the thing, traveling around the world and all that. There’s nobody I’ve ever loved. There’s nobody I’ve ever said ‘I love you’ to. I even find it difficult to say ‘I love you’ to my mother, but I love Shannon with all my heart and all my soul and always will.’

Share/Bookmark